Hello! I have some exciting news – with the undying support of all my followers, I have been able to reach 100 followers! A massive thank you to all those who have accompanied me on my journey so far, and I hope to be introduced to many more like-minded bloggers along the way!
Now, on to yet more good news! I have been nominated by both modest28 and Silver Stone for the Liebster award! Thank you to both of these amazing bloggers! If you have not yet had the chance to check out their blogs, please do – I assure that their posts will prove interesting and enlightening reads. Without much further ado, let’s proceed on to the rules!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
Answers to Silver Stone’s Questions:
- What was the one song that got stuck in your head? ‘Azul’ by J Balvin. I came upon it by chance, and I happened to love it! The song is in Spanish, too, which makes it sound all the more exotic!
- Tea, coffee or hot chocolate? Take your pick and state your favorite flavour (if you’ve not chosen hot chocolate). Hot chocolate! As well as having a sweet tooth, I hate the bitter taste of other hot beverages. There’s nothing better than enjoying a hot chocolate (complete with extra sugar, fresh cream, and mini marshmallows) on a freezing Winter’s day.
- What’s the one thing that reminds you of school? There are so many things! Whether it be dreary assemblies first thing in the morning, or rushing to class helter-skelter following the warning bell, each and every instance holds a special place within my heart.
- Two positive and two negative things about yourself? Two positive things are: I like to think of myself as empathetic, and able to understand and sympathise in difficult situations; and I am a natural leader. Two negative things are: I am often stubborn; and I am very lazy!
- Would you rather have the ability to control the weather, or have the ability to talk to animals? Talking to animals sounds far more appealing to me! I enjoy the natural course that the weather takes in all the seasons – I love making snowmen when it snows, and it calms me to hear the sound of rain slamming on to the roof of my conservatory. Talking to animals would be very fun indeed! Oh, the mischief I would get up to…
- What inspired you to start blogging? I’m afraid my answer isn’t particularly awe-inspiring! My father started up this blog for me, a couple of years ago, thinking that it would be an opportunity that I would enjoy. I uploaded a single post, and from then on my blog remained stationary. A year ago, I was given the opportunity to start blogging on my school blogging platform, which you can access here. My father took the blogs from my school blog, and posted them on this blog. However, it wasn’t until less than two months ago that I thought it might be fun to revive my blog. And what an experience it’s been! In the space of just over a month, I’ve acquired over 100 followers, all thanks to the amazing support I’ve received from fellow bloggers! A big thanks to my father too, for starting up my blog in the first place!
- What’s the best book you’ve read? The worst question to ask a bookworm – there’s too much choice! One of my favourites would be ‘Listen to the Moon’ by Michael Morpurgo. I read it long ago, but the book has stayed in my mind and heart ever since. It’s a fascinating tale of finding hope in the darkest of times.
- Name the celebrity you admire and the one celebrity you dislike. I admire the musician Stevie Wonder, due to various reasons. At six weeks of age, he developed a condition named ‘Retinopathy of Prematurity’, causing blindness. Despite this setback, he persevered as a musical prodigy and went on to become one of the most famed musicians of his time. His story is so inspiring, and encourages me to be the best version of myself. I don’t particularly dislike any celebrities.
- If you could time travel, where would you go? The future! It would be so exciting to see what the future holds!
- What’s your favorite holiday? The New Year. It’s a tradition for my family to meet up with our closest family friends on the night of New Year’s Eve, and to all crowd in one room together for the countdown to midnight. It’s a beautiful way to celebrate with both friends and family, and I love celebrating it every year! In addition, the start of a new year marks fresh beginnings, and is an opportunity to improve yourself.
- Are you a talker or a listener? It depends on the situation. With my friends and family, I’m a total chatterbox! With people I don’t know, however, I tend to become very shy and withdrawn.
Answers to modest28’s Questions:
- What do you do when you’re frustrated? I like to think of myself as calm and collected. Instead of going into a rage, I remove myself from the situation and immediately start venting to my best friend.😂
- What is your most challenging moment? I do not remember my maternal grandfather, since he passed away when I was two. I have been told wonderful stories of the bond we used to share, and the mischief we would partake in together. I wish I could remember him.
- If you have to choose another planet, which will you prefer? One upon which I wouldn’t spontaneously combust! So, one in the Goldilocks zone.
- What’s your best fashion label? I’ve never been that fussed with fashion, myself. If I had to choose a fashion label, it would be Oscar de la Renta. Though I’ve never actually bought any Oscar de la Renta items, I have seen a couple of their items. The items I have seen so far are very elegant and beautiful.
- Which do you prefer: thriller, romance or adventure movies? I like both romance and adventure movies equally. I love an action-packed movie which keeps me on my toes, and I love rom-coms just as much as any other teenager.
- Which do you prefer: calling or texting? It depends upon the person. If it’s somebody I see often, I prefer texting. I like face-to-face conversations with those I am familiar with, since I seem to become a little tongue-tied on the phone! If it’s somebody I don’t see often but am close to, such as family members, I prefer talking on the phone since there is so much to catch up on!
- If you have the opportunity of going back in time, what would you change about your past? See my answer to number two.
- What bad habit are you desperate to change? My laziness! It often leads me to procrastinate and leave work unfinished until the very last minute. If I changed this bad habit, I would have lots more time to pursue my hobbies, such as blogging!
- What is friendship to you? There is a beautiful quote upon friendship, which sums up my views:
and I had the privilege of meeting you.
- Politician or activist – which would you rather become? I would rather be an activist, since I would be able to fight for the cause(s) I believe in. Along with others, I would be able to influence laws and rights, and bring about much needed change.
- What’s the best book you would like to read again? See my answer to number seven in the set of questions above.
Facts About Myself (11 for Each Nomination):
- I’m in Ravenclaw.
- I am the biggest bookworm you have ever met. I have way too many favourite books. I’m going to stop talking about books now or I’ll soon be writing a five-foot essay. No kidding.
- I play four instruments: violin, viola, piano, and I learn singing. Violin and viola I play at grade eight level, piano at grade seven level, and I sing at grade six. I do LAMDA (speech) too – grade five at the moment.
- I like cycling! True, I may not be your next Olympic gold-medalist, but I find it fun. I enjoy badminton, too.
- I am an only child. I wish I had siblings, or a pet.
- I am obsessed with the Apprentice (UK). It’s my dream to grow up to be an entrepreneur, and the CEO of my own business.
- My favourite TV series is Modern Family. It’s downright hilarious!
- I am extremely tall for my age. People automatically assume I am a couple of years older than I actually am.
- I am a MENSA member, with the highest possible IQ of 162. I am proud of this achievement.😊
- I’ve never tried sushi! *GASP*
- I speak Bengali.
- I have two favourite animals – sloths and tigers.
- I won the (UK) national Junior Language Challenge in 2016. It was a brilliant (and nerve-wracking) experience. I enjoyed an amazing trip to Africa as a prize!
- My favourite subject is mathematics.
- I’ve had short hair my whole life, but I’m trying to grow it out now.
- I’m terrible at swimming.
- I perform recitations around the country, in Bengali.
- I’m a Hindu, though not particularly devout.
- I love ketchup. And chocolate. And cake. But not all together.
- My favourite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast and Mulan.
- I don’t have a particular taste in music, but I’m leaning slightly towards pop. I enjoy other types of music too.
- My dream holiday would be going to Australia.
- Rajesh khanna
- Francisco Bravo Cabrera
- Lotus Laura
- MoM MooN
- Ishaan Sharma
- Aman kumar
- Neha nandwana
- Bon Repos Gites
- Christina Kyranis
- Wm. Allen
- Praise Adesina
- Craig White
- ADARSH SHARMA
In terms of questions for nominees, please choose any 11 of the questions I answered, since the questions provided were thought-provoking and interesting. That’s all for now! I hope you all have a great day, and I hope you are all safe and well.