Hello everybody. I hope you’re safe and well during these times of unrest.
I was recently nominated for the Vincent Ehindero award by science_girrrrrl! A big thank you for her nomination, and do check out her blog for interesting posts to do with all things science. She is a great and informative blogger who writes with a unique style.
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Make a post of the award (with a photo).
- Post the rules.
- Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers.
- Follow Vincent Ehindero at vincentehindero.wordpress.com (to qualify for a free blog promotion and shoutout) and more blogging opportunities.
Answers to science_girrrrrl’s Questions:
- What’s your favourite unrealistic eye colour? Turquoise eyes, by far. Honestly, I can’t put it into words. Take a look (pun unintended) at the image below, and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
- Growing up, what was your favourite story? I have many! Even at a very young age, I was a total bookworm! There was nothing better than snuggling beneath the covers of my bed on a Winter’s day with a book to accompany me. If I had to choose one, it would be ‘Adventures in Puzzle World’, a book I received when I started pre-school. This was a collection of short stories that let my imagination know no bounds! In my mind, I was with each and every character as they trekked through caves, battled pirates, and hopped from planet to planet. I would even dress up, imagining myself going on these magnificent, death-defying adventures and emerging a hero. It was pure bliss to a seven-year-old like me!
- Which song is currently stuck in your head? I know it’s been quite a while since it came out, but I can’t seem to get Dance Monkey (Tones And I) out of my head! The catchy tune and rhythmic beat seem to make an annoyingly brilliant combination!
- Which chore do you absolutely hate doing? The dishes. Does anything more need to be said?
- If leaves were any different colour, which would you like them to be? Autumn is my favourite season, with all things coral orange, lemon yellow, and crimson red. Leaves do indeed have these hues, but only in the Autumn. It would be beautiful to see these colours on leaves all year round. Another interesting colour, perhaps, would be transparent…
- If you had the chance to learn any language, minus the hard work, which would it be? One of the sign languages. It would be a welcome change to learn a language without speech, and generally interesting. Alternately, I would love to learn Hindi. As well as being a widely-spoken language, it would be great to have the ability to speak the main language of my country, India. I already speak Bengali, but Hindi would be useful to learn.
- According to you, what was the last experience that made you a stronger person? In these troublesome times, it would be going into lockdown. Each dreary day of waking up with nothing to do or look forward to all day has taken its mental toll. The uncertainty, whether a cough is just a cough or an indication of disease, is haunting. The disconnection from friends and wider family leaves me helpless. Of course, this is among the least of the disease’s toll upon the world, with each death a tragedy. While it may be trivial to others, accepting the course this deadly disease could potentially take on my loved ones has mentally prepared me for the effects of Covid-19 to come. On this note, I hope you all stay safe and are able to avoid suffering from the coronavirus.
- Do you believe in afterlives and reincarnation? As a Hindu, my religion dictates that reincarnation occurs after death, and the ‘afterlife’ is reached (God’s union with the atman/soul) after generating enough good karma. Enough of the RS lesson!
- Let’s say you were doomed to speak only one word for an entire day. What word would it be? Help! I may not need to use the word ‘help’ during the day, but it would come in useful in an emergency.
- What’s your favourite kind of workout? Any workout that doesn’t require me to do physical exercise! I’m much too lazy… Does a brain workout count?
- Katie Miller
- Deep Tuesdays
- sakshi ‘s poetry
- Sonam Tsering
- Elizabeth Burns
- Rising Star
- SaaniaSparkle 🧚
- Brothers Campfire/The Storyteller
- deeply shreded
- Farida Hakim
- Anish Nair
- Devon Brock
- Ianus Christius
- Haroon Mirza
- Lydia Potter
- The Freethinker
- Who is your role model, and why?
- What are your hobbies?
- What would you do with a million pounds/dollars?
- What is one thing you would change about yourself?
- Chinese or Indian food?
- What is the thing you are most proud of?
- Sweet or savoury?
- Recommend me a book!
- Which country is your favourite, and why?
- Why did you choose to blog?
Thank you all, and I hope you are well!