Welcome to the ritisha.blog family! I’m simply a teenager with an avid interest in all things writing. My blog doesn’t fall under any particular category – you’ll find heartfelt poetry, travel writing, and thoughtful book reviews, to name a few. I hope you enjoy your time exploring my blog, and I am grateful for your support, whether it be a view, like, comment, or follow.
Hello everybody, and a very happy New Year to you all! 2020 was difficult, to say the least, but we can only hope that 2021 will bring peace. Now, this post is unbelievably late, but I could not pass up the opportunity completely! I am so happy to announce that Rising Star has nominated me for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award! I am so very thankful to him, and would urge my readers to hop onto his site if you haven’t already. He has the most informative blog, and has helped so many fellow bloggers in furthering their blogging goals, including myself. Thank you, and on to the award!
- Thank the person who’s nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate up to nine other bloggers.
- Ask them five new questions.
- Notify the nominees by visiting and commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display the ‘Ideal Inspiration Award’ logo.
- Provide the link to the award creator. This amazing award was created by Rising Star – https://idealinspiration.blog (It’s all about Inspiration).
Answers to Rising Star’s Questions:
- What is your best inspiration source? The world around me! In terms of inspiration for blogging, so many bloggers have such interesting blogs! All it takes is a quick scroll through the ‘Reader’ feed, and I’m bursting with ideas and inspiration, whether it be through a photography post or a beautifully-penned haiku. I’m so blessed to share this blogging platform with fellow bloggers like myself, and follow their journeys through writing. In terms of day to day life, each little thing provides inspiration (because I am a firm believer of the fact that there is always more than meets the eye). Sometimes, I’ll be listlessly staring out of the car window, when my eyes will catch on something mysterious or strange. Immediately, I’ll start wondering about its backstory and creating scenarios…
- What is the main purpose of your blog? To share my words and make people’s days a little brighter. My blog is a way for me to connect with people from all over the world, and gain feedback and comments from my creative pieces, such as poems. I also love to spread support and happiness through award posts, much like this one. I want to make my voice heard at the same time as enjoying myself pursuing a hobby that I love, and blogging has provided a way for me to do this. I have the ongoing support of my readers to thank for reaching out to me and guiding me through this journey.
- What inspires you to write? I love to write… It’s an altogether different feeling when you put pen to paper (or hands to keyboard, in this case). We have such power to craft beautiful sentences and paragraphs from individual words, and it is so liberating to write whatever pours out from the sludge of letters in my mind!
- How often do you write? I had recently taken a break since I was concentrating on a charity initiative to raise money for the NHS by writing personalised poems. From now, however, I’ll be aiming to upload a post at least once every week (more often than not, this will be during weekends).
- What is your best time of creativity? I don’t think I have a particular time of creativity. Sometimes, an idea will just pop into my head, which I will soon forget unless I hastily scrawl it down as inspiration for a future piece of writing. At times, I have written whole poems simply on random whims! I’ll be sure to include one of these in my future posts!
Questions to the Nominees:
- What is one of your resolutions for 2021?
- What would you say is your fatal flaw?
- Tell me one weird fact about anything!
- What advice would you offer to aspiring bloggers?
- What is your favourite food?
Congratulations to the nominees and as always, there is no obligation to participate in the award if you do not wish to. Again, a huge thank you to Rising Star! I hope you are all well. Until next time!
Hello everyone! Long time no see!
I have not had the time to blog for quite a while now. What with being in lockdown and having so many virtual events, my life has been topsy-turvy! I have been doing all sorts of things, including a charity fundraiser and lots of live performances, so unfortunately blogging has fallen into the backseat. It has been so lovely to see your encouraging likes, comments, and follows. Waking up to see your kind thoughts coming through makes my day! My sincerest apologies for not responding. I will definitely be going through the missed notifications. A belated Merry Christmas to you all. Stay safe and well, everybody!
Hello everybody! Too often I find my mind wandering back to the days before this pandemic. These few months in lockdown seem like decades. It’s a strange experience, to say the least, but our only hope is that we will emerge stronger from the remnants of this pandemic. Lockdown has had its ups and downs, and I wrote this poem inspired by my hopes and wishes for life to return back to normal.
Take me back to the time in the past.
This maddening reality claws at my heart.
I wish to be free from this cocooned existence.
Memories threaten to tear me apart.
Take me back to those long lion days
Spent frolicking with laughter abound…
Whispering winds carry echoes of the past.
My wandering mind comes harshly aground.
Take me back to the blissful ignorance,
Before this wistfulness consumes me.
Melancholy musings toy with my emotions.
I long for my soul to be free.
Shards of memories embed in my heart.
Threads of unfinished thoughts amass.
Normality teasingly beckons my soul.
My wish is but simple: take me back.
I hope you all enjoyed reading this! My apologies for not being as active on WordPress as I usually would – I’ve just taken some time off to enjoy some quality family time. I hope you are all well, and safe.
Hello everybody! My sincere apologies for not posting before. As I’m sure you’ll understand, current circumstances are stressful and I have not been able to post for a while now. However, I have some brilliant news to share with you all! I have been nominated for my first Mystery Blogger Award by gaillovesgod! A huge thank you to Gail for the nomination – I really appreciate it! Gail writes with a wonderful and unique style, and her words of wisdom never fail to provide inspiration. Her love of God shines through her writing, and she always goes to great lengths to let all her readers know that they, too, are loved by God as she is. On to the award!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award. The creator of this award is Okoto Enigma!
- Answer the five questions you were asked.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers of their nominations by commenting on one of their posts.
- Ask your nominees five questions with one weird/funny one.
- Share a link to some of your best posts.
Three Things About Myself:
- I’m a HUGE foodie! Whether it be sweet or savoury, I’ll eat it!
- I’m an extrovert – socialising and making new friends is a great way to spend my time!
- I am an avid reader with an interest in all genres. My favourites include the legendary Harry Potter series, Everything Everything, and The Fault in Our Stars, to name a few.
My Best Posts:
- One of my personal favourites is this recent post, written as a gift to my mother on Mother’s Day. My mother loved the idea, and she appreciated the way that I expressed my personal thoughts to my readers. You can access it here: https://ritisha.blog/2020/05/10/to-my-mother/.
- Many of you will know that one of my passions is poetry. I have posted quite a few of my poems, and the numerous kind comments I have received encourage me to write more. You can check out one of my favourite compositions here: https://ritisha.blog/2020/03/24/a-daydreams-fancies/. If you enjoy reading it, be sure to take a look at my upcoming post – a poem upon life before lockdown.
- My readers are my source of inspiration. Thus, my most-liked post can be counted as one of my best. It is an award post, and the fact that it is the post with the most likes I have received instills the belief that it is one of my most favoured and best posts. Here is the link: https://ritisha.blog/2020/04/17/liebster-awards-i-ii/. Who knows? Maybe the likes for this post will surpass those of the post aforementioned! 😉
Answers to gaillovesgod’s Questions:
- Do you like reading or watching mysteries? Now, that’s a difficult question! Though I am a self-professed bookworm, I think mysteries are better represented through films rather than books. Films are able to capture the essence of a mystery, and make one feel as if they are truly there to witness the mystery. In the case of books, however, one is simply a spectator from the sidelines rather than being seemingly involved in the mystery itself.
- Do you know how much God loves you? I know that God loves me enough to gift me with the best parents a child could wish for, loving friends and family, lovely talents and abilities, and numerous other things. I am truly blessed to have such a fortunate lifestyle, and I will forever remain grateful for all the boons that have been bestowed upon me.
- How has Covid-19 affected you? I have been affected in many different ways. Health wise, I believe I had the coronavirus at one point since both my mother and I were experiencing the telltale symptoms such as coughing and a high temperature. I am glad to say that we are currently well. In terms of social and personal life, I have been affected much more. Being an only child, I have only had the physical company of my parents to rely on for the past two months. Though this has been a brilliant way to reconnect with my family and enjoy activities that we usually wouldn’t have done due our hectic schedules, I miss being with my friends in person. As it is for us all, life has turned upside-down, and it brings both advantages and disadvantages. All we can do is hope for a more promising situation to come to light.
- Have you seen good from this pandemic? Yes! As I mentioned, this pandemic has brought advantages and disadvantages. Environmentally, our planet is gradually healing and pollution has greatly reduced during this time, and things like clearer water and a variety of wildlife can be seen. Personally, I have made the most of my time with my parents, with things such as daily badminton and occasional movie nights to grow closer to my immediate family and find the silver lining in this global pandemic.
- Have you been able to find toilet paper? Fortunately, yes! We are well-stocked and hopefully won’t need to find any more anytime soon!😂
Questions for Nominees:
- Will you make any changes to your life after lockdown, due to the effects of this pandemic? If so, what?
- Describe a revolutionary invention (which you have invented)!
- What is your best talent?
- What is your favourite quote?
- Would you rather have blue cheese or bacon ice-cream?🤢
Drum roll please…
- Mrs ESTJ
- Abhin Thulasidas
- SpiritedSoul 🎭
- Don’t Lose Hope
- SnapDragon X.
- Binte Irfan
- shadawss shadawss
- DEBASIS NAYAK
- William Johnson
- Gonzov krik iz getribe autizma
That’s all for now! Hope you are all well. Of course, there is no obligation to participate in the award if you have been nominated. Do let me know if you choose to participate, however! Goodbye!
Image credited to Juan Pablo Serrano Arenas; Pexels
Hello everybody! I hope you are all well and safe. I actually have a favour to ask you all. As part of my schoolwork from home, I have to complete a biology project. If at all possible and if time allows it, please would you be able to measure your handspan? To measure your handspan, you must stretch your hand to the fullest and measure from the tip of your thumb to the tip of your pinky finger using a 30cm. If you would be so kind as to help me out with my project, you could leave your measurements in the comments section for me to use as part of my data. Thank you in advance!
Thanks so much, and I would really appreciate it if you could measure your handspan and let me know what you got. Stay safe, well, and happy!
Hello everybody! As you may know, today is Mother’s Day! A big shout out to all the inspirational women, mothers, and grandmothers! Today, I’d like to take the opportunity to give my mum the gift of this blog post. I know for a fact she reads my posts, so I’m hoping she will enjoy this post, dedicated to her.
My mother is an indomitable goddess. She owns the strongest of wills, and her determination and drive for perfection stand as models. ‘Giving up’ is a phrase absent from my mother’s dictionary. Not a day will pass when she does not strive to work the hardest, despite all the setbacks she has been affected by. For the past few years now, my mum has struggled against numerous illnesses. Any other person would be at the brink of giving up, but not my mother. She has fought back, and refused to let herself be defined by her illnesses. Her courage in the face of adversity is highly admirable, and will continue to inspire me throughout my life.
That being said, she is not lacking in other areas. Her sense of fun and mischief is that of a best friend rather than a parent, and we often make merry together. Her enthusiasm knows no bounds, and she gives up her precious time to find ways for our family to spend more quality time together in ever-changing ways, whether it be daily badminton in the garden or a fun day out. Her kindness and loving heart are such wonderful attributes to have. Whether it be a cut which she lovingly applies cream to, or her constant want to do good and ensure the wellbeing of her loved ones, her thoughtful actions which often go unnoticed are what brings our family together.
Organiser and family planner? Check.
Makes mouth-watering dishes? Check.
Best friend through thick and thin? Check.
Savvy and independent woman? Check.
Fountain of enlightenment? Check.
Selfless leader? Check.
Mum, I want you to know how grateful I am for every moment you’ve spent making me the person that I am today. Not every person gets to call a wonderful woman like you ‘mum’, and I certainly do not deserve you. Thank you, for being you. I love you to the moon and back, and I wouldn’t trade you for anyone else. Happy Mother’s Day!❤️
Thank you all for reading this tribute to my mother. I hope you have enjoyed Mother’s Day, and that you are well and in good health. Goodbye!
Hi everybody! Firstly, I’d like to announce some news that’s cheered me up to no end: I’ve reached 200 followers! Thanks so much to each and every blogger that’s contributed to this number. I’m truly blessed to have all your support. I’m honoured to have been nominated for this award by jeofreyogire. He has a fantastic blog, and I urge you to read his posts. His writing is very informative, and ideal for anybody who wants to find out more about earning online. Many thanks, jeofreyogire, for nominating me. I’d also like to mention my friend’s website. One of my close friends, Neave, has a great website filled with her passion about protecting our environment and marine biology. Please do take a look here: https://www.oceanblueviews.com/! If you have any feedback, do leave it in the comments and I’ll forward it on to her. Now, on to the award itself!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Tag the post with #awesomebloggeraward.
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Nominate at least five bloggers and inform them of their nomination.
- Give them ten new questions to answer.
Answers to jeofreyogire’s Questions:
- What is your favourite job? My dream job is to be an entrepreneur, and the CEO of my own business. As well as being obsessed with The Apprentice (UK), I like to think of myself as a natural leader.
- How many times in a year do you go on holidays? It depends! In the past couple of years, many of our planned holidays were cancelled. It’s been a rough couple of years for members of my family, and my mother especially has had to deal with numerous illnesses. It’s worth giving up a holiday to see your loved ones heal, however, and we’ve managed to cram in a few getaways too!
- As a blogger, have you ever had challenges with WordPress or any other content management system? If so, mention at least two challenges. Not yet! Being fairly new to this platform, I am fortunate enough to have not experienced any challenges while using WordPress. In addition, WordPress is a very professional site which is easy to navigate. Hopefully, I won’t experience any problems in the future…
- How do you find it dealing with meta-tags? *Insert confused look* What are meta-tags?!
- If you were to choose between West Africa and East Africa, which one would you be interested in visiting? Definitely West Africa! I’ve already visited Masaii Mara, in Kenya, in the east of Africa. Though it was a real treat and I would love to visit again, I would love to see what the west of Africa has to offer!
- Name your best sport. Must I? I am the complete opposite of sporty. I’ve always been rather terrible at sports, however much I enjoy them. I love playing badminton though, as well as cycling. Lately, my parents and I have taken to playing badminton in our back garden every evening. It’s a great way to keep spirits up and appreciate the beautiful sunsets!
- Do you believe in God? I’m a Hindu, so I believe there are multiple gods and goddesses (all showcasing a personality/trait belonging to the ultimate God, Brahman). Though this is what my religion says, I’ve always been rather curious and unsure of the existence of God. Who knows?
- How do you relate to God? I don’t think I relate to God at all. I believe God is beyond all human emotions and understanding, and therefore we humans are unable to understand anything of such magnanimity.
- Which other topic would your blog stand for? I’ve always had a liking for photography, and I’d love to make a couple of photography posts. I’ve always loved seeing the serene views on other bloggers’ sites (such as Rising Star and Bren from Brashley Photography). I’m thinking of making a post with pictures of my travels abroad… Thoughts?
- When did you start your blog? My blog officially started in 2017, but I only uploaded one post. It wasn’t until around two months ago that I started to actually blog regularly. I love blogging, and I only wish I had realised my passion for it sooner! Oh well – better late than never!
Questions for Nominees:
- Are you religious?
- What was/is your favourite subject at school?
- Who is your role model?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your number one pet peeve?
- Do you play any instruments?
- Which superpower would you want the most?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- Would you rather meet an alien or a superhero?
Prepare yourself. The list is quite long…
- Roy Lando
- Stine Writing
- Tarushi Parashar
- The Social Vigilante
- Abbie’s Tree House
- Shivaansh Sharma
- parikhit dutta
- Hilary Tan
- Anjali Tiwari
- Saba Ansari
- Shruti pandey
- Pooja rani
- Silver Stone
- BUNMIS CRIB
- Vincent Ehindero
- Vikas Karmani
- Goin’ the extra…aaamile
Thanks so much for reading! Hope you’re all feeling alright. I know it can be very difficult for many in these circumstances. Just bear with it, and hopefully we’ll be back to our usual lifestyles.
Hi everyone! Here’s a haiku for you to contemplate:
Take my hand, my dear.
Together, we’ll watch the sky
Erupt into stars.
Hope you enjoyed reading this!
Hi everyone! I’m so happy to have been kindly nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Tangie T. Woods. I would urge you to take a look at her blog posts – they are filled with thoughtful philosophical thoughts and numerous award posts! Tangie has been a great supporter of my blog, and always makes sure to encourage me along my blogging journey. She even dedicated a post solely for me! I am so grateful for your support, Tangie! Thank you!
- Display the blog award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add their blog website.
- Answer the questions they have given you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers of your choice.
- Ask them 7 questions.
Answers to Tangie T. Woods’ Questions:
- How were you inspired to blog? As posted on my most recent award post (you can check it out here: https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/136638647/posts/166), my answer isn’t particularly awe-inspiring! My father started up this blog for me, a couple of years ago, thinking that it would be an opportunity that I would enjoy. I uploaded a single post, and from then on my blog remained stationary. A year ago, I was given the opportunity to start blogging on my school blogging platform, which you can access here. My father took the blogs from my school blog, and posted them on this blog. However, it wasn’t until less than two months ago that I thought it might be fun to revive my blog. And what an experience it’s been! A big thanks to my father too, for starting up my blog in the first place!
- How do you spend time relaxing? Family time, chatting with friends, reading, watching Modern Family (so funny!), listening to music… Anything and everything, really!
- What country do you live in? I was born and brought up in the United Kingdom, but am originally Indian.
- What are two of your favourite blogging blogging topics? For those of you who visit my blog regularly, you’ll know that my blog includes loads of different blogging topics (though I’ve been trying my hand at poetry more recently). If I had to choose favourites, it would be poetry and photography. Though I’ve not posted any photography on my blog apart from my Iceland travel posts, I’m eager to give it a try! Do leave a comment with suggestions, if photography is something you would like to see on my blog!
- What is your favourite food? You can’t possibly expect me to choose just one! I am a huge foodie, and I love all types of cuisines! Sweet, savoury, Italian, Chinese… You name it, I’ll eat it! I suppose my favourite is the delicious home-cooked food I have to look forward to every night, with spicy aromas and mouth-watering tastes!
- How often do you blog? It depends! I try to upload at least once a week, but sometimes get tied down with work. Ideally, I’d love to blog more, though.
- Are you a great cook? Not at all! My cooking often turns out to be a big failure. You can ask the people who’ve tried it themselves…
- What is your favourite sport?
- Would you rather experience the beginning or the end of planet earth?
- What’s your dream job?
- Which ice-cream flavour is the best, in your opinion?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Which animal would you most like to spend a day as?
- How long have you had your blog for?
- Sara Altaf Khan
- Delusional Bubble
- Filipe Prado
- Ashish kumar
- farhad Kaiser
Signing off, I hope you’re all doing great! All of your blogs have honestly been a lifeline for me during these uncertain times. I would also like to apologise for the post delays – I’ve been tied down with lots of different things. Goodbye!
A devilish grin placed on her metallic mouth.
Glossy eyes – that of a doll – gaze into space.
Joints and muscles clunk like rusty gears.
The mechanic winds the features into place.
Wires spark and thread between the bones.
A spanner twists, a screwdriver assists.
Until all metal components are indistinguishable.
From foot and ankle to hand and fist.
Locked away like a solitary oyster
The mechanic creates the prototype at the fore of his mind.
His calloused hands are those of a long-worn servant,
Serving the advance of mankind.
The horizon stretches into infinity.
Days and nights pass in a daze of body part upon part.
Each inching a little closer to the completion.
Sweat and blood for a humanoid heart.
She arises like the dawning day that will never arrive.
The final touches are placed upon her form.
Mankind pauses for a brief moment.
He has created this being against the norm.
A humanoid yet somewhat lacking.
Where is the human nature we know so well?
Where is her feeling? Curiosity for answers?
It is irreplaceable – time will tell.